Bug 62 - Deletes and new message notifications are not propagated to other clients
OS/Version: Windows XP
Assigned To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reported By: email@example.com
Component: IMAP Public Folders
Summary: Deletes and new message notifications are not propagated to other clients
Opened: 2005-11-22 21:22
If more than one client is connected and a delete or new message event happens
the other clients get no notification of that.
or something faster then going trough properties dialog
(double clikking connection in account list?)
Did some work on this today. The delete flag now propagates to all clients
watching the folder. Still need to check and recheck the behaviour of the
expunge code and the notifications that creates.
I've made a number of fixes to both the Groupware server and Scribe to mostly
remove these bugs.
when eml's are removed from the imapfolder (manually on the hd) emails
disappear almost immediately, Well done.
the deletion of emails from within scribe is still broken, but i will make a
(exo2 build both server and scribe)
Ok, I tested this so many times today... but maybe I'm missing something.
What I just did to test:
- 2 clean installs of InScribe, "user1" and "user2", with email addresses
- Setup 2 accounts on the groupware server, called the same.
- Enabled public folders
- Opened 1 copy of InScribe, created a public folder.
- Opened other copy, new folder appears...
- Select the new folder in both copies
- User1: right click on the folder "New Mail", type subj="test 1" hit "Send"
- In a few seconds, the mail appears in user2 listing
- User2: select mail, click "Reply", enter something hit "Send"
- In a few seconds, "Re: test 1" appears in User1's list.
- User1: Delete "test 1" email. Email disappears from both views after a few
- Importantly, the line "* 1 FETCH (\Seen \Deleted)" appears at the end of the
account log for User2. This tells it the message has been deleted on the server.
You should check for this.
- Both clients tell me there is 1 deleted message in that folder according to
the folder properties.
So far nothings unexpected, it's all working for me.
Help! What are you seeing?
i have been using emails that i drag from the inbox instead of creating new
i get the most problems when using an unread email from the inbox dragged to a
i've noticed (but cant confirm) that the
section of the imap properties displays
when i do an expunge that crashes
ii follwed your steps, but when i rightclik choose new
fill in subject and send
no eml is created on the hd, no message appear for user2, only user1
by the way i'm on the MSN network under this email adress
(if you find it could be helpfull, your choice)
I know... I've got it. Your trying all this with the root IMAP folder and a
subfolder. The root IMAP folder has no list, just the title page. And the
properties say "..." as the deleted messages... and sure enough it crashes when
you expunge it.
Try all this on a sub-folder of the "IMAP firstname.lastname@example.org" node.
I've fixed the crash when you click "Expunge" on the root IMAP folder, by a)
stopping the NULL pointer indirection and b) disabling the button.