First Last Prev Next    No search results available      Search page      Enter new bug
Bug#: 152
Product:
Component:
Status: RESOLVED
Resolution: FIXED
Assigned To: Matthew Allen <fret@memecode.com>
Hardware:
OS:
Version:
Priority:
Severity:
Reporter: Josh <josh@istedconsulting.com>
Add CC:
CC:
URL:
Summary:

Attachment Type Creator Created Size Actions
.lr8 problem that causes the problem application/octet-stream Josh 2007-07-10 05:51 581.87 KB Details
Create a New Attachment (proposed patch, testcase, etc.) View All

Bug 152 depends on: Show dependency tree
Show dependency graph
Bug 152 blocks:

Additional Comments:







View Bug Activity   |   Format For Printing   |   XML   |   Clone This Bug


Description:   Opened: 2007-07-09 17:20
For Version 1.89 Test17 (Not in the list)

The DEL key does not delete emails. Must right click and choose delete or click
delete on the toolbar.

------- Comment #1 From Matthew Allen 2007-07-10 01:48:38 -------
I'm having trouble reproducing this. Which control has the focus when you try
and press delete?

The control with the focus has a stronger selection colour than the ones
without. Maybe try and move around with the arrow keys to confirm what control
has the focus. Options are likely to be the tree view of folders, the list view
of mail or the preview panel.

------- Comment #2 From Josh 2007-07-10 02:56:57 -------
It seems to be the list-view of mail that has focus. When I press the arrow
keys, it it moves up and down in the list of emails. When I press the Delete
key, it does nothing. Usually it pops up a window asking whether I want to
delete the email or not.

Is it possible that it is a corrupt configuration file?

------- Comment #3 From Matthew Allen 2007-07-10 03:41:02 -------
Do you know much about XML?

There should be an element in the ScribeOptions.xml file called "ScribeUI". If
it's not there then maybe this bug will appear. Maybe thats why I don't see it.
I will investigate.

------- Comment #4 From Josh 2007-07-10 05:16:49 -------
Hmm, here is the ScribeUI section:

	<ScribeUI SplitPos="329"
		 SubSplitPos="282"
		 FontSize="2"
		 Lang="en"
		 Pos="State=0;Pos=0,0,1287,1031"
		 ShowScriptConsole="0"
		 StatusOpen="1" />

------- Comment #5 From Matthew Allen 2007-07-10 05:19:22 -------
Can you try this for me?
http://www.memecode.com/scribe/data/iscribe-win32-v189-test18.exe

------- Comment #6 From Josh 2007-07-10 05:51:02 -------
Created an attachment (id=21) [details]
.lr8 problem that causes the problem

------- Comment #7 From Josh 2007-07-10 05:51:58 -------
Seems that it's my .lr8 file that causes the problem. Haven't gotten any
further
than that. It's attached to the bug now though, maybe you can figure out what's
happening.

------- Comment #8 From Josh 2007-07-10 06:04:22 -------
Sorry I didn't let you know this before, but Test18 didn't fix things, but it
did seem to clobber all my email accounts. Oh, it just clobbered them because
it's i.Scribe, not InScribe, I understand.

------- Comment #9 From Josh 2007-07-10 06:30:28 -------
I saw you were looking for info from the Scribe.txt file. Here's mine:

SetWindowPos changed the focus!!!!!! Old=003D043C New=003204A4 Vis=1 _View=003204A4
ScribeWnd::OnCommand(40043, 0, 00000000)
ScribeWnd::OnCommand(1684368485, 0, 0044040A)

First I clicked on the mail list view, pressed  up and down to ensure focus was
correct.
Then, 40043 is from pressing the delete key. (Which doesn't work)
Then, 1684368485 is from clicking the delete toolbar button. (Which does work)

------- Comment #10 From Matthew Allen 2007-07-10 06:39:42 -------
1684368485 is the id for the delete cmd. Or 0x64656C65, which is 'dele' or
something in characters. How/why the delete menu sends something other than that
only _some_ of the time is beyond me. It seems really variable at the moment,
like it's dependent on some uninitialized value somewhere.

If you search in Scribe.lr8 for "IDM_DELETE" there should be a cid attribute
nearby. That could be causing the 40043 cmd to be sent from the menu. In fact
40043 is the OLD cmd id for the IDM_DELETE menu... is your Scribe.lr8 somehow
not up to date? How could that be, did you try a clean install?

------- Comment #11 From Matthew Allen 2007-07-10 06:46:02 -------
Do you have 2 Scribe.lr8 files?

i.e. one in the same folder as Scribe.exe and another in the Resources subfolder?

The one in the resources subfolder is the correct one, you should delete the
other one.

------- Comment #12 From Josh 2007-07-10 06:55:14 -------
Yes, I was just about to submit an explanation like that and got a collision
when I went to submit it. You beat me to it.

I have an old .lr8 file (Jan 24, 2007) in the same directory as the exe file and
it is overriding the settings from the one in the Resources directory. I'll
delete the old one and all should be fine. Maybe there should be some sort of
upgrade message saying that the one in the same directory as the exe is going to
be renamed or deleted (Maybe just renamed in case someone has been using it for
a custom translation or something like that)

------- Comment #13 From Matthew Allen 2007-07-10 11:22:59 -------
I added some code to the installer to move and rename the old resource files on
install. This should fix this properly for everyone who installs test18.

First Last Prev Next    No search results available      Search page      Enter new bug