Thread

Index > Scribe > Version 2.4.13 blew away my ISP settings
Author/Date Version 2.4.13 blew away my ISP settings
Scott
13/04/2020 9:26pm
ISP settings got blown away when I installed 2.4.13. Restoring a backup of the settings also got blown up -- reverting back to 2.4.12.
Scott
13/04/2020 9:33pm
After re-installing 2.4.12, I'm getting the following errors when I try to receive email:
Error: OpenSSLSocket.cpp:932 - BIO_do_connect failed
Connection closed.
Failed to open socket to pophm.sympatico.ca:995 and read reply.
fret
14/04/2020 12:59pm
ISP settings got blown away when I installed 2.4.13
So no accounts in the list at all or the some/all settings in the account are gone?

Scott
16/04/2020 8:53pm
With 2.4.13, the ISP settings for both of my POP3 accounts disappeared. The only thing left was the default "My ISP".
After reverting to 2.4.12, I was able to restore my POP3 accounts, but the passwords needed to be re-entered and a few other settings needed to be fixed.
The SMTP settings also got messed up, still trying to figure out how to fix it.
fret
18/04/2020 8:45am
I can't reproduce this. I tried installing a clean copy of 2.4.12, set up send and receive. Then upgraded to 2.4.13 and everything was still there and worked fine. So there is something very specific about your setup that is causing this to happen. It's still a bug, but I don't have any way of moving forward on this without more information.

I'm assuming you didn't accidentally install i.Scribe v2.4.13? Cause that will appear as if you lost all your accounts but the first one.

To help further I'm open to doing a TeamViewer session to see what you're seeing and maybe have a look at what's happening with the options file. Email me if that's something you'd be up for.
fret
18/04/2020 8:49am
As for the SSL errors.. which OpenSSL did you install?

Normally Scribe will print the path of the SSL libraries on connection like this:

Using 'c:\Program Files\OpenSSL-Win64\bin\libssl-1_1-x64.dll'
Using 'c:\Program Files\OpenSSL-Win64\bin\libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll'

What does your install print in the account send/receive log?

Maybe you have a very new or old version that Scribe doesn't want to play nicely with?
Scott
18/04/2020 9:32am
I've got the Send and Receive working again for both accounts. The settings were corrupted. A few other things got whacked such as:
- loaded mail stores (some previously loaded stores were not loaded)
- reply format (set to default).

It seems to be downloading recent emails repeatedly. Growl is telling me that I missed 570 messages. I've got 7 copies of a few emails -- I'm perplexed.

I'll make a backup of my configuration then I'll try 2.4.13 again.
Scott
18/04/2020 11:15pm
I'm assuming you didn't accidentally install i.Scribe v2.4.13? Cause that will appear as if you lost all your accounts but the first one. <blush>Whoops.
Is there anyway that the i.Scribe installer could warn users who are experiencing cognitive lapses?
fret
19/04/2020 9:09am
Maybe not the installer, but the main application itself could. The installer is written in NSIS script and doesn't have a lot of flexibility in that regards.