Here is a short tutorial on setting up Scribe
v2 to send and receive
mail from the Gmail
Enabling POP3 in Gmail:
- Click on Settings
- Click Forwarding and POP
- In the Pop Download section, select one of:
- Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on
- Enable POP for all mail (even mail that's already been downloaded)
- Click Save Changes
Configure an account in Scribe to access Gmail:
- From Scribe's main window click File -> Options.
- Click the Accounts tab.
- Select the account to be used for Gmail, and click Properties
- In the Identity tab call the account "Gmail" if you want.
- On the Send tab set the fields:
- On the Receive tab set the fields:
(In the receive settings you can also use IMAP4(full) and imap.gmail.com)
- Save your changes.
Then test the account:
- Open out the Status panel in Scribe
- Double click the Gmail account to start the connection.
- Watch the progress and Log window to see if it connects and scans the mailbox.
- If you get a red bar saying you need SSL then click "Install"