Here is a short tutorial on setting up Scribe
v2.3.8 and later to send and receive
mail from the Gmail
. Note that you need to set both sending and
receiving use the OAUTH2
Configure an account in Scribe to access Gmail:
- From Scribe's main window click File → Options.
- Click the Accounts tab.
- Select the account to be used for Gmail, and click Properties
- In the Identity tab call the account "Gmail" if you want. Add a display name and your gmail address as the email.
- On the Send tab set the fields:
- On the Receive tab set the fields:
- Save your changes with Ok.
Then test the account:
- Open out the Status panel in Scribe
- Click the gmail account, and then the receive log tab.
- Watch the progress and Log window to see if it connects and scans the mailbox.
- If it complains that OpenSSL is not installed on windows that get the latest build from