|Author/Date||very interesting post re scribe at about.com|
now what is "the scriber" doing to fix these issues :)
|From the link:
* Scribe is small, fast and elegant
* Offers flexible message templates, effective Bayesian spam filtering
* Plug-ins are available to expand Scribe's functionality
* Free i.Scribe lacks filters and supports only one email account
* IMAP is not fully implemented in Scribe, and the message editor lacks power
* Scribe doesn't support secure email by OpenPGP or S/MIME natively
As a very happy Scribe user, I agree with their pro's completely. However, I disagree with their cons:
#1 is on purpose - shareware has always had limitations. Not a Con in my book.
#2.a IMAP - I admit I've never tried it.
#2.b This is WHY I picked scribe. I didn't want an HTML wizard message editor. The reason Scribe is fast and small is the fact they don't bloat it with lots of frilly features. (And being able to have a <BLINK> tag in my email is not on my priority list)
#3 SSL is becoming standard in coming versions.
Is Scribe perfect? No. But name a perfect app. About the only "con" I would add is I wish ASpell was built in. But the Plug-In function is fine for me.
Fret - Keep up the good work.
|I agree. Great job. I will be pleased to continue updating the translations to Portuguese for the not-English-users.|