Thread

Index > Scribe > Wish: Import directory structure filled with mbox files?
Author/Date Wish: Import directory structure filled with mbox files?
Borut
20/06/2012 6:15pm
I am very fond of portable software and am therefore considering moving my e-mail base from TheBat! to InScribe.

The size of my base is almost 1.5 GB. With a help of a commercial 3rd party software I would be able to convert the base into a hierarchical directory structure filled with generic mbox files, which - as far as my tests go - InScribe can import.

Unfortunately, it can import a file by file, which - in my case - does not help, since I have hundreds and hundreds of directories, so that the effort would be extremely time consuming, repetitive and very prone to errors.

What would be needed in my case is to be able to select a "Root Import Source Directory" (RISD), so that import logic of InScribe would create InScribe mail folders structure that equals that of the directory structure under the RISD and fill it with messages found in the mbox files found in the source directory structure.

Is this maybe already possible? If not, I would expect that this would not be all to complicated to implement and - for the cases like mine - would make InScribe much more appealing to the e-mail power users.

Am I asking too much? Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Borut