Thread

Index > Scribe > Browser integration and HTML not working
Author/Date Browser integration and HTML not working
steve
06/12/2013 2:06am
If I get an email with a link to a website, when you click on it, nothing happens. Is there a secret to accomplishing this?

Also, when I receive email messages with HTML content, images, etc. do not display in the email. I have checked the "Automatically load images in the HTML control" option in the Appearance settings, but still does not work.

fret
06/12/2013 9:56am
If I get an email with a link to a website, when you click on it, nothing happens. Is there a secret to accomplishing this?
I'm not sure what version you have but the current version passes the URL straight to the operating system (windows?) and asks it to load the resource. In this case if you browser isn't configured correctly then it can lead to nothing happening.

In just looking at the code now, I could add an error message to the execute URL code. But it might be a bit generic.

Also, when I receive email messages with HTML content, images, etc. do not display in the email. I have checked the "Automatically load images in the HTML control" option in the Appearance settings, but still does not work.
That functionality requires the image decompression libraries (DLL's on windows). Recent builds of the software will prompt you to download them automatically. Older versions will require manual installation.

Which version do you have?
fret
06/12/2013 10:00am
Actually on 2nd thought, are you double clicking the URL in the email?

Because thats the "open" action in Scribe. A single click (and drag) allows you to select the URL text. A double click opens the URL.
steve
06/12/2013 1:21pm
I am on version 1.9, just purchased this week.

1) Double clicking the url links took care of the problem. Thanks.

3) The add-on link you provided me also took care of the image load for emails with html content.

Thanks for your help!

Steve