Thread

Index > Scribe > Scribe email sometimes will not open window
Author/Date Scribe email sometimes will not open window
steve
31/12/2013 11:09pm
Hi,

I have Windows 7 professional, and the commercial version of Scribe, V1.90 Test Release.

If my laptop is not attached to a MS Server domain, it usually pops right up when I launch it.

When I am authenticated to my Microsoft server, most of the time when I launch Scribe, it will appear down in the taskbar, but the window will not open, and you can not maximize it. You have to close the program, and try again, and again. Usually, after several attempts, it will open somewhere on the desktop, as a small bar, and you have to manually expand it from all sides to open and view the program.

Every heard of that one?
fret
01/01/2014 10:10am
When I am authenticated to my Microsoft server, most of the time when I launch Scribe, it will appear down in the taskbar, but the window will not open, and you can not maximize it.
Does this also happen with the most recent v2.00 beta?

I have occasionally seen that with old builds but not recently. The tiny window thing happens when the application saves it's window position while minimised. It's not supposed to do that but I think old builds would occasionally do it anyway.
Steve
07/01/2014 3:18pm
I have not tried the 2.00 beta. Would I have to pay for that version also? And, would in install without me losing all my existing email?
fret
07/01/2014 3:29pm
Would I have to pay for that version also?
Not the betas... they use the v1 key.

And, would in install without me losing all my existing email?
If you install to a test directory, and copy your existing folders into that test location I think you should be fine. But just confirm you are using the copy using File -> Manage Mail Stores after it's all up and running.
Dave
10/07/2014 10:19am
I see the exact same thing running 2.00B50 Its actually quite annoying. I have to close/open over and over again to get a small title bar that I need to expand manually. I then close it...and reopen it again. It will then keep its window size for awhile. I have not been able to figure out what triggers this action.

Running Win7-64Pro.
Dave
11/07/2014 9:31am
It is doing it now with build i.Scribe 2.00B57 also.

I had to close/open it about 10 times before it popped up...but this time it came up full size on my screen...not the little icon like before that needed expanding manually.

Dave
Steve
11/07/2014 9:52pm
Mine has been doing this forever, and it is quote annoying. What triggers it is if you shut down your computer without first closing the email client. If you can remember to close your email client first, it will not happen the next time you start up.

If you get tired of clicking and clicking to try and get it to open up, just start your task manager, right click on Inscribe, and select Maximize, and it will bring it up to full screen. Usually if you click somewhere on the top bar it will shrink back down and you still have to manually stretch the windows from the top and sides, to get it where you can read it. I would try to upgrade, but I am afraid of losing all my emails.
fret
15/07/2014 9:11am
Time to revisit the code that saves the window location :-(
fret
19/07/2014 9:36pm
Had a look at this tonight and I can't isolate the set of steps needed to make it happen. I minimize the window and reboot and it shows up normally when I relog in.

Hmmmm. I wish I could reliably make it happen. Then it would be easy to fix.