Thread

Index > Scribe > Default Mail Handler
Author/Date Default Mail Handler
Steve Noel
24/07/2014 12:41am
I am using an accounting system that allows me to email quotes directly to customers. Since I switced to the Scribe email client, it now gives me an error message that says "Either there is no default email client, or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook, and set it as the default mail client" every time I try to email a quote.

It used to work fine with outlook express, and also worked fine with Thunderbird. Is there any way to set up Scribe as the default mail client?

Thanks,
Steve

InScribe V1.90 Test 6 Release
Steve Noel
24/07/2014 12:44am
One more thing, when I exit out of that error message, it then tells me "Your MAPI compliant, default e-mail application, could not be started or found. Please install or designate a MAPI compliant, default e-mail application, and try again."
fret
25/07/2014 10:17pm
Some of the MAPI functions are not implemented. I'm guessing that the app is trying to use one or more of those. I log those to Scribe.txt in your app data folder (same as .exe for portable, c:\users\[username]\appdata\roaming\scribe for desktop).

If you could delete your Scribe.txt and then try the other app again (see it fail) and then send me the Scribe.txt I'll take a look at it.
fret
04/08/2014 1:17pm
Please try v2.0.60, I've fixed a bunch of MAPI issues.
David Sharples
21/08/2014 4:29am
Having same issue with Expedition software trying to generate an email request for weather forecast from Predictwind and/or Saildocs.

"Either there is no default email client, or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook, and set it as the default mail client".

Am running 2.0 build 60. Any advice much appreciated.
fret
21/08/2014 8:07am
David: Having same issue with Expedition software trying to generate an email request for weather forecast from Predictwind and/or Saildocs.
I specifically tested the MAPI implementation with Expedition. Well at least the license request functionality you get at start up. And it worked with that. Maybe the other types of email that it generates use different parts of the API?

Did v2.0.60 generate a "ScribeMapiLog.txt" file in your Scribe folder?

I changed the logging to help sort out the MAPI issues. Hopefully it created that file and it contains the point at which Expedition called into the MAPI api.
David Sharples
21/08/2014 5:05pm
Morning. Couldn't find log file so not sure what's going on. Have rigged temporary solution and will look at again when on shore. Best, David
fret
21/08/2014 5:11pm
Couldn't find log file so not sure what's going on.
There are two possibilities. One is that you aren't actually using v2.0.60 as you thought you were. Or that the particular error case that we see with Expedition is actually not covered by the logging code.

Are you using Scribe as part of XGate or as a stand alone install?

Is there more than one version / copy of Scribe on the machine?

What version of Windows are you running?