Thread

Index > Scribe > Script problem: MoveThing always moves mail to Trash
Author/Date Script problem: MoveThing always moves mail to Trash
Scott
27/12/2014 2:49am
I'm trying to use MoveThing to organize mail, but it doesn't work.
The script is:
if (Filter.TestConditions)
{
if (Mail.From.Name.Find("BitsDuJour") >= 0)
{
Fd = GetFolder("/news/BitsDuJour");
MoveThing(Fd, Mail);
}
}

When filtering unread email, the unread count for the target folder appears to increase by the number of email that is being moved into it. Clicking on the target folder causes the count to revert to its previous value and the mail is not present in the target folder.

The mail can only be found in the Trash. The unread count of the Trash folder does not indicate any new unread mail until the Trash folder is selected. At this point, the count increases by the number of filtered messages, indicating that all of the mail that was moved went into the Trash (generally not the most desirable target).
fret
10/01/2015 5:49pm
I had a look at this recently and couldn't reproduce the issue you're seeing. That's not to say I don't believe you but I will need to add some more logging to the filtering code and see if that hilights where the problem really is.

I don't have a lot of time this month, mostly holidays and so on. I just thought you'd like to hear an update, and that I haven't been ignoring you.
Scott
29/01/2015 11:34am
Thanks for the update. Is that enhanced logging part of build 65?
fret
29/01/2015 11:41am
No I didn't get to add that in.
Scott
15/05/2016 10:50pm
I thought I would try this again.
It is no longer trashing the email, but it doesn't move the email either.
When filtering a selected email, it flashes a message box on the screen and then moves to the next email in the folder.

Does the MoveThing function still work? I'm using v2.8 release beta8.
Scott
15/05/2016 11:06pm
I've got this working now. Another filter was moving it back again.