Thread

Index > Scribe > message rules
Author/Date message rules
nemmisa
28/09/2003 12:40pm
does anyone know how i can create a message rule where anyone not in my contacts goes into the trash have tried all sorts but everything ends up in the trash
fReT
28/09/2003 6:13pm
You can do that, but it's not obvious.

Firsly you need to be aware of the DOM that allows you access to the objects within Scribe.

Incomming mail will have a from field:
mail.from

Which is of type 'Object::Address'. Now that object has a Contact field that refers to any local contact matching the email address:
mail.from.contact

And the interesting field in the contact object is 'folder' or the path to the contact in the folder tree:
mail.from.contact.folder

Thus we can write a filter to check against the folder name, which will be null for someone we havn't got a contact record for.
mail.from.contact.folder
NOT like
"/contacts*"

Should do what you want.
nemmisa
28/09/2003 7:05pm
thank you for reply i will try that and let you know if it works. i just want all my junk mail to go in the trash can just could not for the life of me figure out how to do it i used to use a message rule like this in OE and always found it worked well
fReT
28/09/2003 7:15pm
Also there is a bayesian filter for junk mail that you could start using. Look here for information about setting it up. Btw you'll need test40 for it to be useful.
nemmisa
29/09/2003 1:37pm
thank you for help on filter it works great