Thread

Index > Scribe > MAPI
Author/Date MAPI
Fredrik
13/02/2015 7:15pm
I try to use the MAPI api for sending a mail

MAPISendMail( m_lhSession, m_ulUIParam , &oMessage, MAPI_LOGON_UI | MAPI_DIALOG, 0 );

The dialog is shown and the text is there but she send button is grayed out.
It seems like the state of the message is not "Ready To send".
Should it be like this ? I would like the send button to be enabled when it is shown.

fret
17/02/2015 10:21pm
I will look into this as soon as I can.
fret
18/02/2015 9:24pm
I've fixed this in the v2.1 beta branch which I'm going to be making releases from this month.
Usman
01/05/2015 7:30am
I don't know how to configure my Office365 with MAPI. I bought InScribe and enter the server as it is in Outlook client:

https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx

but I'm not sure what other settings to put.

Also, when I try and "receive" mail, it doesn't create any text entries in the "Accounts" "Entry" section that I placed at the bottom of my Scribe window.

The only reason I purchased inScribe was to be able to have MAPI connectivity to Office365 so hopefully we can make it happen!
fret
01/05/2015 10:11am
I don't know how to configure my Office365 with MAPI. I bought InScribe and enter the server as it is in Outlook client:
While Scribe does support MAPI you might have to setup the MAPI profile outside of Scribe. I'm not sure how to setup MAPI for Office365, but I'm investigating it in response to your query.

The only reason I purchased inScribe was to be able to have MAPI connectivity to Office365 so hopefully we can make it happen!
I think the quickest way to get email from Office365 is going to be using the IMAP support:

Send:
- server = smtp.office365.com
- port = 587
- SSL = STARTTLS

Receive:
- protocol = IMAP(full)
- server = outlook.office365.com
- port = 993
- SSL = Direct mode

And I'll get back to you about the MAPI side of things. I believe it's possible, just gotta figure out the details.
Usman
01/05/2015 12:37pm
Thanks for looking into this! Hopefully this is also helpful to other folks now and in the future as well!

Unfortunately IMAP does not give me the calendar sync that I need along with my mail.
Usman
19/05/2015 4:25am
Just checking to see if you were able to get anywhere with this.
fret
19/05/2015 8:57am
I've been unwell (RSI) over the last few weeks and haven't done much of anything I'm afraid.

I did however dig through the code and have a look at what MAPI support there is. Currently there is the ability to replicate to and from a MAPI store. This is designed to be an import/export type facility. The MAPI option in the account receive settings is designed to be like the POP3 support, in that it will fetch mail from a MAPI source and allow deletion but it won't mount the folders as a tree in the user interface (like IMAP or local Mail3 folders).

In thinking about this it would be completely possible to write a MAPI backend for Scribe to allow mounting the MAPI store in the user interface as a folder tree. There is a well defined API between the app and the backend stores (Mail2, Mail3 and IMAP at the moment). So it'd be a case of moving all the import export code into a MAPI backend.

My focus at this very moment is to fix OAuth2 to support Gmail IMAP (which switched off PLAIN auth a month ago). After that I have to fix the HTML editor. Then I'd like to do some calendar integration stuff. Maybe not a full MAPI backend but I could look at syncing a MAPI calendar, that might be more feasible.
fret
21/05/2015 5:50pm
The OAuth2 work is finishing up. So I spent some time investigating MAPI. And then I pulled the import/export code into a prototype back end implementation to mount the MAPI folders in the main window. After a few days of mucking around it works at a basic level in read only mode. I got so far as to view my MAPI calendar in the calendar UI which is actually really useful to me personally.

This will go into the v2.1 release. It may take a little while to evolve into a read/write back end but it's a start.