Thread

Index > Scribe > some sent mail goes to trash
Author/Date some sent mail goes to trash
Scott
04/10/2016 1:42pm
Some of the mail that I send goes to the Sent folder while some of it goes straight to the Trash folder. It should always go to the Sent folder.
fret
04/10/2016 8:29pm
What build are you running?
Scott
04/10/2016 9:37pm
V2.1 beta 19.
fret
05/10/2016 8:51am
Ok. I don't have access to my Windows machine at the moment but I will look at this next week.
fret
17/10/2016 1:18pm
Do you have any filters configured to delete email?

Do they have the "outgoing" check box set?

I've never ever seen this behaviour and I'm just looking at the code and there is a point just after sending where it runs any out outgoing filters. So that's only way I can see of sent email end up in the trash.

FYI There is a Filter -> Log Filter Activity option to help debugging filters.
Scott
17/10/2016 1:47pm
I have no filters configured to delete email.
There are two "outgoing" filters that move email to a different Mail3 mail store. I've noticed that moving email across mail stores puts it in the trash of the first store. I'll check if the file exists anywhere else.

I've flipped on the Log Filter Activity. Where is the log output?
fret
17/10/2016 2:26pm
I have no filters configured to delete email.
There are two "outgoing" filters that move email to a different Mail3 mail store. I've noticed that moving email across mail stores puts it in the trash of the first store. I'll check if the file exists anywhere else.

"Moving" between different mail stores amounts to a "Copy" then "Delete" operation. So as long as the mail is in the destination folder, the delete to the original object is OK. If you move an email internally to a mail store it will just re-parent the object to the new folder... no copy and delete.

I've flipped on the Log Filter Activity. Where is the log output?
Same folder as the scribe.exe? (Make sure it's writable)
fret
29/10/2016 10:28am
Did this get sorted out?
Scott
31/10/2016 10:50pm
I think the email is getting moved to the Outbox of a different mail store and is thus getting trashed in the "master" mail store.
How does Scribe decide which mail store to use for the Outbox and for the Sent? I have not been able to detect the pattern.