Thread

Index > Scribe > Wow, a beautiful email program. GPG for Linux?
Author/Date Wow, a beautiful email program. GPG for Linux?
Jay
20/04/2017 5:43pm
Wow, a beautiful email program. I am unhappy with Thunderbird and am looking for an alternative. Also, not so impressed with the search function in Thunderbird.
Do not mind the 10 bucks at all.

Unfortunately the GPG Plug-in for Linux does not seem up to date?
So there is currently not GPG Plug-in for the Linux version?

Best, Jay
fret
20/04/2017 8:21pm
Unfortunately the GPG Plug-in for Linux does not seem up to date?
So there is currently not GPG Plug-in for the Linux version?

There is no GPG plugin anymore, because the functionality has been moved into the main application. Security is not an "add-on" anymore.

So I've confirmed that the most recent build of Scribe does in fact talk directly to gpg and work correctly. Let me know if you get stuck. But basically just click the "encrypt" checkbox in the mail window and it'll ask for a password.

I've just updated the plugins page to reflect that. Sorry it got out of date.
Jay
21/04/2017 4:35pm
Ah, OK, found it.

How good is the "Search"?
Search seem not to find Emails in my inbox? (IMAP_
fret
24/04/2017 10:18am
How good is the "Search"?
For a non-indexed search it's ok. Generally you have to wait a little for results. It's highly dependent on how much mail and folders you have. I've thought about adding indexing to searches but I have higher priority bugs to fix at the moment.

Search seem not to find Emails in my inbox? (IMAP_
Are the emails in the folder you are search cached locally yet? You might have better results just scrolling through the folder to get a local cache and then trying to find something. I don't think a search is smart enough to download missing email yet.