Thread

Index > Scribe > System folders
Author/Date System folders
Scott
29/04/2019 2:44am
I'm not quite sure how the System folders are supposed to work, but the filters only seem to work when the name of the mail store is included in the Filters, e.g., /master/Filters. Doing this, however, creates /master/Filters in every single mail store. It creates this folder, every time the System folder Sub Folder locations is updated.
fret
29/04/2019 3:26pm
I have to rewrite all that soon, as it's not really appropriate to have system wide settings for say IMAP and local folders.
Scott
30/04/2019 10:11am
Okay.
Deleting all of these bogus folders is going to be a pain. I've got 17 bogus folders in each of 13 mail stores. The "context menu" on the keyboard and the Del key both don't work on folders in the tree view, so, to use the keyboard, I have to use the Delete from the Edit menu and then select Yes for a couple of confirmation prompts. Any chance that you could get the "context menu" key to work for the folders in the tree view? There's only one confirmation prompt for that option.
fret
30/04/2019 2:57pm
If you shift + right click on a system folder it will allow you to delete.
fret
30/04/2019 7:59pm
Doing this, however, creates /master/Filters in every single mail store
This seems to happen when there is no mail store named "master". The real issue is that the system path doesn't exist and that isn't handled well. But you can work around it by making sure the path DOES exist, and then it won't create /master/Filters every time. Or at least that is what it's doing at my end.
fret
30/04/2019 10:22pm
There is a fix for the creation of incorrectly named system folders in the v2.3.13 release I'm building now.
Scott
05/05/2019 10:12pm
I'm finding that my contacts and filters have become flakey. If I disable some mail stores, then they start to work. Other times, the contacts seem to be getting picked up from multiple mail stores. Are the filters and contacts from all open mail stores functional? How does the order of the mail stores affect the order that the filters are run? Currently, none of my filters or contacts are working.
fret
06/05/2019 12:50pm
I'm finding that my contacts and filters have become flakey. If I disable some mail stores, then they start to work. Other times, the contacts seem to be getting picked up from multiple mail stores. Are the filters and contacts from all open mail stores functional?
The problem is that Scribe is not auto-loading the contents of multiple mail store's Contacts and Filters folder. If you manually click on them to force them to load it'll start seeing those entries. The only auto-loaded folder is the system specified one.

How does the order of the mail stores affect the order that the filters are run? Currently, none of my filters or contacts are working.
I've just added some code to collect all the contacts, groups, filters and calendar folders on mail store load. And then drive the lookups through that filter. So no matter the type of object or how many stores you have it should work as expected. Initially you'll just get every folder of the right type. I may add functionality to NOT include some in the future. Maybe instead of the system folder UI that is there now. The system folders will still be used as default locations for new objects.

This is all a result of there being no expectation of multiple folders loaded at the same time. It's not a common use case.