Index > Scribe > Unable to send through SMTP
Author/Date Unable to send through SMTP
Scott
01/07/2019 11:18pm
I'm getting the following error when I try to send mail:
<xxx@yyy.net>
The server doesn't support any compatible authentication types:

The server doesn't support any compatible authentication types:
This used to work fine and I didn't change any of the settings.
fret
02/07/2019 8:10am
Maybe the server changed what it supports? I won't be able to weigh in until I see the actual connection log.
Scott
11/07/2019 9:27pm
I think this might have been the result of an email that did not have the From field populated. If I disable the mail store which contains the poorly formed email, then other emails get sent properly without incident.

The poorly formed message was generated by the calendar event email reminder and was still lurking in the Outbox. I haven't tested this feature recently, does it populate the From field?
fret
13/07/2019 8:18pm
does it populate the From field?
It does. Using the "current" account selected in the Identity menu. Otherwise it searches through the accounts looking for one that isn't disabled and has a valid identity (not empty Name and Email address).

If that doesn't return a valid account then yes, it could fail to attach a from address but it's (probably?!!) user error at that point.

In hindsight I should make the i.Scribe (one account) just return the first and only account without all the "current" business. I've updated the code to do that. And some extra logging as to what email/name is attached to the from address.