Thread

Index > Scribe > Feature request: "Don't Show" button
Author/Date Feature request: "Don't Show" button
Scott
28/04/2020 10:20pm
There is no way to disable the Show images feature without restarting the application. I prefer to download images only when I trust the source of the mail. Converting the Show button to a Hide button would be ideal.
fret
30/04/2020 12:17am
The show images button only appears when you have Settings->Appearance->Automatically load remote content off. If it's on then it'll just try and download the images or CSS needed. This of course is a security issue that can be used to track your email reading from a remote server.

Making it into a "Hide Images" button doesn't make sense to me. Because if the images have been loaded already (shown) then the damage is done. The remote server has recorded that you loaded the images. Hiding them isn't going to undo that.

I guess if you never want to see the show images button that's a separate issue. Maybe in that case the Appearance option needs to change to a 3 state:
- Never show remote content
- Ask to show remote content
- Always show remote content

Feel free to discuss or clarify.
Scott
30/04/2020 8:59am
Ah, I didn't realize that the Show button was only for the current message.
In that case, there's a bug that if you click the Show button in a message window and then use the Next or Previous button, the Show button does not reappear when the next message appears.
fret
01/05/2020 8:29am
I've fixed that for the next build.