Thread

Index > Scribe > GMail IMAP weirdness
Author/Date GMail IMAP weirdness
Ed Vazquez
19/05/2021 5:01am
InScribe v2.4.18

Connecting to GMail via IMAP works with no issues at a high level.

First item - I have multiple sub-folders and Google itself sorts some incoming messages into several Categories (Promotions, Forums, etc.).

In other mail clients, I can trigger a "rebuild the folder tree" function of some sort which then retrieves my folders /categories and populates them within the app.

I can't seem to find that feature /function in InScribe - is it here? Should it have automagickally happened and I hosed something?

Second item - when I try to switch to "Thread" view, the app crashes (no displayed error).

Third item - is there any way to add columns to the display, e.g. attachments present, sending priority, etc.?
fret
19/05/2021 10:40am
In other mail clients, I can trigger a "rebuild the folder tree" function of some sort which then retrieves my folders /categories and populates them within the app.
Scribe will rebuild the folder tree for IMAP every time it connects. That is only the folders though. For the mail in the folders you can right click on the folder and use "Refresh" to sync the local cache with the server.

Second item - when I try to switch to "Thread" view, the app crashes (no displayed error).
It's not a well maintained feature. For the time being just avoid using it (you can hide the button by right clicking on the toolbar).

Third item - is there any way to add columns to the display, e.g. attachments present, sending priority, etc.?
Similarly you can right click on the columns to add/remove things. The presence of an attachment is shown by the paper clip added to the email list item icon. The sending priority is already in the default column list, it's the exclamation icon column.
Ed Vazquez
19/05/2021 12:07pm
Interesting...

I see none of my sub-folders, no "+" or ">" symbols to expand a folder, nada.

Folder view
Folder details

Similar lack of options when right-clicking on the headers bar.

Thus my questions. :-)