Geoff
21/02/2010 4:54am
I'm getting the error
unable to find libeay32.dll or ssleay32.dll

I'm configuaring iscribe as follows as described in gmail

Incoming Mail (POP3) Server - requires SSL: pop.gmail.com
Use SSL: Yes
Port: 995
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS or SSL: smtp.gmail.com (use authentication)
Use Authentication: Yes
Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587
Port for SSL: 465
Account Name: your full email address (including @gmail.com or @your_domain.com)
Email Address: your email address (username@gmail.com or username@your_domain.com)
Password: your Gmail password

I have authentication type set to LOGIN. Not sure what I should have for the preferred character sets but have not changed these from the defaults.

I'm running V1.9 Test 5 of iscribe. I'd like to by the full version but need to be sure I can get this working with iscribe.

Any help appreciated.

geoff
Geoff
21/02/2010 8:28am
Hi,

I now have this working after reading the help - but I think there is some additions neded on the help. You must enter the name and email address on the account page. You do need to install the SSL plugins - for V1.9. When you do install the plkugins you get an error - unable to find entry point - bu they still seem to work any way. Also I'm not sure you should select forwarding of the email top an address in gmail - what would you put - gmail ??

Any feed back on this appreciated.

Geoff
Geoff
22/02/2010 12:54am
Hi again,

I purchased Scribe - so now I want to start using it. Is there a page somwhere that describes how to move over from iScribe to Scribe and keep my settings and contacts etc ?

I can open my iscribe mail store - but Scribe does not recognise the folders. Also seems I need to again load the plugins and set up the mail account all over.

Geoff

fret
22/02/2010 1:09am
You should make a backup of your i.Scribe install, then just install InScribe into the same folder that i.Scribe was in... then it'll pick up all the settings and mail from i.Scribe.